Dr Shapiro is a board certified Pediatric otolaryngologist -- he specializes in the care of head and neck disorders in children. Dr. Shapiro has been elected to "Best Doctors in America" and voted "Best ENT Doctor" in Central Penn Parent Magazine.
After completing a six year residency in General Surgery and Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery at Penn State University-Hershey Medical Center, Dr. Shapiro completed a two year fellowship in Pediatric Otolaryngology at the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh. He has published extensively in the field of Pediatric Otolaryngology and is a member of the American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology. He lectures on Pediatric Otolaryngology topics at the local, regional, and national level.
Our practice includes the management of the broad range of head and neck disorders in children, including treatment of the following:
- Ear infections and their complications: tympanic membrane perforations, cholesteatoma
- Hearing loss, including cochlear implantation and BAHATM
- Plastic Surgery of the ear
Head and Neck Surgery
- Birth defects, including branchial cleft and thyroglossal duct cysts,
- Thyroid disorders in children
- Salivary disorders
Airway disorders in children
- Sleep apnea and tonsil and adenoid disorders
- Vocal cord paralysis, laryngeal and tracheal tumors, cysts, and stenoses
Nasal and Sinus disease
- Chronic sinusitis
- Allergy management
- Choanal atresia
View our patient education library, here!